Friday 23 November 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 663 Va Va Violet Review

Hey guys,

I'd been eyeing up Revlon's Va Va Violet for awhile before I bought it, and decided to get it after AlisonLovesJB on YouTube showed it colour in her 'Favorite Fall Lipstick' video. I loved it as its such a dark and bold colour!




However it turns out it's quite sheer and doesn't look intense as what's in the tube, which I'm very disappointed at. The colour itself is a deep eggplant purple, which is very pretty, however the pay off is very odd, it is very sheer and quite glossy so it goes on really uneven. The only way to get around this, is to apply 3 layers and blot between each one, but even then it doesn't stay on very long maybe an hour at the most. For me this is just a impractical lipstick, one that looks better in photos than in real life.

If you have any deep purple lipsticks you love, tell me! I'm desperate to find a long lasting, preferably matt deep purple lipstick.

Leave me a comment,

Emily x

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Amazing color for a lipstick!

    If you want come to visit me :)
    Kisses, Elena

    ReplyDelete