Saturday 7 July 2012

Review; EcoTools 5 Piece Brush Set from eBay

Morning everyone :D

If you read my wish list here, you know I wanted more EcoTools brushes, well I got them :) 




I did get them from one of my favourite places on the internet, eBay, so I'm not sure if they're authentic. You can never be too sure with eBay. They look and feel authentic, and when compared with my 100% real EcoTools brush, there is no difference, so I guess they are 'real' in my eyes. But who cares anyway?


I paid £3.49 for them, instead of £19.99 in Boots.


The 5 piece brush set contains - Mineral Powder Brush, Concealer Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Baby Kabuki, Cosmetic Bag. 



Individual review of each brush L-R;


Number 1



I have to say that this was easily my favourite brush of the collection. I found this to be so soft and apply powder flawlessly, picking up just the right amount of product.  I have been using this to apply my contour, as the brush is wide but flatter than most powder brushes.

Number 2
This brush is so cute and small! Its like a makeup brush for a doll or something :3 This is a really high quality brush which is perfect for applying oil controlling powder to my t-zone or blush to the apples of my cheeks. Its the perfect size for both. 


 Heres a picture to show you the size difference of the two powder brushes.
My little cosmetic bag is different from some photos I've seen, but some authentic sets also have the same bag, so the bag doesn't tell me if its fake or not.


Number 3
This was my least favourite brush in the set. There's nothing specifically wrong with it, I just have lot of this type of brush. I don't like using concealer with brushes, so I will probably use this to pack on eye shadow. The bristles are very packed in this brush making it less fluffy than the rest.
Number 4


I found this brush to be really good at blending eye shadow. It's not very good at picking up eye shadow, as it creates a lot of fall out as it is really dense. The bristles are again really soft and silky. I have been using this to apply cream eye shadow and its working really well!


I got mine off this eBay seller, here and the listing of the item is this one.


All in all I'm not sure if the brush set is fake as there isn't any tell tale signs and the quality of the brushes are amazing. But you can never be too sure. If you are looking to add a few more brushes to your collection or want some good travel brushes then this set is a must! 

Such a bargain!

Leave me a comment,

Emily X

10 comments:

  1. My opinion? Who cares if they're fake! As long as they don't have that obvious "fake" feel, then who cares! If you like them and they work fine, that's all that matters! And wow, what a bargain! :)
    Enjoy your brushes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ecotools don't make my favourite brushes but I do like their concealer brush to put on my MAC Studio Finish - this stuff is packed into a tiny little pot and needs a lot of work to get out! Sounds like a bargain as long as you don't worry yourself about authenticity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well fake or not, it looks like you got a great bargain!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I went into Boots today to see the 'real' version and I couldnt tell the difference :D xx

      Delete
  4. I have a love/hate relationship with their brushes. LOVE their flat foundation brush and the kabuki, but hated the blush brush. And they look pretty authentic to me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the flat foundation brush too :) And me too, I think they are real :D xx

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Ecotools brushes. They are so soft and such great value for money.

    ReplyDelete