Thursday 19 April 2012

Foundation Collection and Comparison

We all want a perfect looking skin, so I thought I would do a quick comparison of all the foundations I have. I have tried other ones, but currently do not have them in my makeup collection as I had used them up and never re bought.


First off I have 8 foundations in my makeup collection, but for the life of me I couldn't find 2 to photograph, and my Max Factor one was downstairs and I could be bothered to get it :P Lazy or what?!! 




1-5
6-8

Foundations;

  1. Revlon PhotoReady Makeup in 002 Vanilla
  2. 17 Skin Perfecting Shine Free Foundation in Ivory
  3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in Vanille Clair
  4. Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
  5. L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation in Rosy Ivory
  6. Max Factor Lasting Performance in 100 Fair
  7. Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory
  8. Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation in Abricote Clair

As you can see I made a table to show what I thought instead of rambling on about them, I thought it would be easier to read and remember! Obviously these are all my opinion... 


Drying Effect = Foundation that clings to dry patches
Long Wearing = More than 8 hours
The rest are self explanatory

My overall favourites are MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Max Factor Lasting Performance, Revlon ColorStay and L'Oréal Paris True Match.

My worst has to be 17 Skin Perfecting Shine Free, it broke me out and drys soooo bad! It doesn't even last long :( But tbh, I dont think Boots sells it anymore, so woohoo! No one else can waste their money on that rubbish!

If you want anymore information on any of the products mentioned, leave me a comment below :) Also if you do a post like this leave a link in the comments, I would love to read it!

Emily x


4 comments:

  1. Hey, great post.

    Just wondering what do you think of Revlon ColorStay (which is my favourite) compared to photoready? are they they same amount of coverage?

    I love love colorstay but it can be a bit too matte for me..

    :)

    http://mary-elizabeth10.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The coverage is totally different, ColourStay is more full coverage and PhotoReady is more medium. However you can build it up, and not look cakey so that's an option. If you could get a sample, try mixing them together, so you get the coverage of ColourStay but with the dewiness of PhotoReady, that works well for me when I want both :)

      I hope that helped
      xxx

      Delete
  2. This is so helpful! I'm going to go out and buy the L'Oreal True Match foundation - wish it was long lasting but as long as it doesn't cling to dry patches I'll be pretty happy!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I tried it with a primer underneath, and set it with powder and it did last abit longer! I normally touch it up around 4/5 hours after I first apply it, just so I have the coverage xxx

      Delete