Saturday 10 March 2012

Cheap and Easy Homemade Body Scrub

The past few weeks my skin has been really dry and dull. I wanted something that would give my skin a boost so I made a cheap and easy body scrub. All you need is sugar, oil and a nice, warm bath or shower. 

I used Johnson's Baby Oil



What You Need; 
  • sugar (I used white granulated sugar)
  • oil (I use baby oil) 
  • a bowl 
  • a spoon 
  • a empty container or tubaware box to store your mix


How to make it:

  1. Choose a sugar that has small granules that won't tear your skin. If you have super sensitive skin, you could use brown sugar as its less harsh. 
  2. You can use any oil, I used baby oil. 
  3. You want to use 1 part oil to 2 parts sugar, so if you use 10 grams of oil use 20 grams of sugar. 
  4. Next mix it with a spoon, until all the sugar is coated in oil, then store it in a container until use. 

How to use; 


  1. I find scrubs work best on dry skin. 
  2. Take a spoonful of the mixture into your palms then rub the mixture all over your body in a circular motion. 
  3. For tougher areas such as the knees, soles and elbows, spend extra scrubbing time to get your skin super polished! 
  4. On places like your chest, neck, and stomach where the skin is thinner, take it easy with the scrubbing as you could irritate your skin.
  5. Once your all scrubbed up wash it off with warm water, your skin should be soft and smooth. 
  6. Next apply a thick layer of your favourite moisturiser and enjoy your soft skin.
I used normal white granulated sugar 

And ta-da! You should now have beautiful skin :D

I hope you enjoyed this post, 
Emily x


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this!
    New follower here :) here's mine if you want to have a look: www.treat-party.blogspot.com

    Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Im going to have a look right now xx

      Delete